Through understanding mutual funds and taxes you can know what tax obligations you need to participate in and factor those costs into your strategy.
Frequently Asked Tax Form QuestionsTax & Estate
Frequently Asked Tax Form Questions
Know what to expect for tax season.
Find out when and how you will receive tax forms, how to order duplicates and more. When you know what to expect and when, you'll be that much more ahead of the game when you file your tax returns.
In addition to your year-end statement, there are several different types of tax forms you may receive, depending on the types of funds you own and the activity in those accounts. Please visit Know Your Tax Forms to learn more.
You can change your E-delivery options at any time in order to be alerted via email when your statements and tax forms are available online rather than through the mail. And it's easy to print your account statements and tax forms from the past seven years at any time.
Most original and corrected tax forms are available online. However, there are exceptions. For example, Form 1042-S and corrected tax forms produced after mid-October are not available online. These forms are mailed to your address of record.
Most tax forms are mailed by the end of January. Your Janus Henderson tax forms are available when you login to your account. Annual supplementary tax and distribution documents are available for the past seven years.
Corrected tax forms are generally produced and mailed beginning in February. If you are signed up for E-delivery of tax forms, you will receive an email notice as soon as they are available online.
Generally, most of your tax forms are available by Jan. 31. However, they may be online in mid-January. If you are signed up for E-delivery of tax forms you will receive an email as soon as they are available online.
Duplicate tax forms for the current and prior tax year are available online. Login to your account and click on the Statements & Tax Forms tab to access and print your tax forms.
Every tax form that Janus Henderson produces is available through your online account, except Form 1042-S. Login to your account and click on the Statements and Tax Forms tab to access and print your tax forms.
Tax forms for the past seven years are available online. Just login to your account and click on the Statements & Tax Forms tab to access and print your tax forms.
Tax Form Delivery
You can elect E-delivery of your tax forms to eliminate receiving paper versions in the mail. You will be alerted via email when your tax forms are online. Once you log-in you may print your tax forms for record-keeping purposes.
The fastest way to get copies of your tax forms is by downloading them from the Statements and Tax Forms tab within your online account. You can also change your address online.
If you are unable to access your tax forms, please call Janus Henderson at 800.525.3713.
There are several reasons why you may not have received form 1099-DIV or other tax form for your account:
- Your fund did not pay a distribution.
- Your ordinary income and capital gains distributions from the fund totaled less than $10 and you had no backup withholding.
- Your account is a retirement or Coverdell Education Savings Account.
You may view your transaction history and determine any of these situations occurred. Simply click View My Transaction History on the right side of the page.
Janus Henderson shareholders can automatically import data from tax forms into certain tax return software. You will be asked for your janushenderson.com username and password to grant secure access to your account information. If you don’t have a janushenderson.com username and password, create an account today.
Click here to create an account
- Search for import in your TurboTax® Online program.
- Click Jump to import in the search results.
- On the Import Summary screen, click Add Other Documents.
- On the next screen, Let Us Enter Your Bank and Brokerage Tax Documents, you'll be able to import your tax forms. TurboTax® will ask you to enter a user name and password to import your data. This is the user name and password you have already established for access to your Janus Henderson mutual fund accounts through janushenderson.com.
For more information, visit TurboTax®.
To activate an existing Quicken® account
- From the Tools menu, select Account List.
- Click the Edit button on the account you would like to activate.
- On the “Online Services” tab click the “Set up now…” button.
- Enter “Janus Henderson” and click next.
- Enter your username and password, select “Save this password” if using the password vault, and click “Connect.”
- You should now see one or more accounts that you can activate. If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown for that account says Link. If it says Add, change it to Link and select the correct account. If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a different account instead of being linked to the existing account. Click Next to continue.
Create a new Quicken® account for online access
- From the Tools menu select Add Account.
- Enter the name of your bank and click Next.
- Enter your credentials, select Save this password (if using password vault) and click Connect.
- If you get a screen that allows you to select the account type(s) for discovered accounts, then select the type and click Next.
For more information, visit Quicken®.
Still Can't Find What You're Looking For?
If you are unable to access your tax forms or still have questions, please call a Janus Henderson Representative at 800.525.3713.